Users Involved
Your LFS Username: microspecv

Their LFS Username(s): N/A
Their In-game Nickname(s): N/A

Incident Information
Date of Incident: 29th August 2019
Time of Incident: Estimated 3:50pm UTC

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps): 
- Requesting FBM server replay of apparent illegal overtake by myself, for educational purposes

(08-29-2019, 04:07 PM)AOR Nova Wrote: Users Involved
Your LFS Username: microspecv

Their LFS Username(s): N/A
Their In-game Nickname(s): N/A

Incident Information
Date of Incident: 29th August 2019
Time of Incident: Estimated 3:50pm UTC

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps): 
- Requesting FBM server replay of apparent illegal overtake by myself, for educational purposes

[Image: entry10.jpg]

regarding entry position - see above 

https://gofile.io/?c=L8mKcO

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Remember also you are racing on a demo server where such moves done by others causes races to be wrecked, rules are non - negotiable [url=https://gofile.io/?c=L8mKcO][/url]
[Image: giphy.gif]

lap 4 turn 2 nova entry very dangerous this is a demo race not cash prize :D

Edit so many people wanted to see this replay and had loads to say ingame chat. Where are you now?

[Image: 12a553e27c644a0570044b5b40ace8f5.gif]

I think me and Spell kind of summarized it as :
"Good move well done but don't do here in Demo"

Elaborated into..

Move is harsh and calculated but not encouraged in Demo servers due to inexperienced drivers - however, totally fine and legal in other situations where racing hard is less of a risk.

Better to end on that, since I'm not moving from my stance that the move was fine and that the racecraft was also fine, but I respect Bish and the team here too much to argue about the success with MRc's rules, and this one maneuver. Cheers :)

ps/1
Thanks for upping the replay Bish

Spe1l last warning sir :D

IMO not that bad move as it went they way it did. Luckily Storm slowed too much and left room on the inside so no contact.

But as Bish said, moves where you are fully behind and then move aside solely in the breaking zone, don't usually end well and are prohibited.

(08-29-2019, 05:09 PM)AOR Nova Wrote: [Image: 12a553e27c644a0570044b5b40ace8f5.gif]

I think me and Spell kind of summarized it as :
"Good move well done but don't do here in Demo"

Elaborated into..

Move is harsh and calculated but not encouraged in Demo servers due to inexperienced drivers - however, totally fine and legal in other situations where racing hard is less of a risk.

Better to end on that, since I'm not moving from my stance that the move was fine and that the racecraft was also fine, but I respect Bish and the team here too much to argue about the success with MRc's rules, and this one maneuver. Cheers :)

ps/1
Thanks for upping the replay Bish

You saying " i am not moving my stance" is due to being stubborn, i have shown my proof regarding the rule being used. I have proven my claims beyond a reasonable doubt. It is not a legal move in real racing nor on our servers. I act from facts and nothing else. Unless you can show me otherwise then i am right . No hard feelings but you must distinguish the different between what we are capable of and what is allowed. It is one of a few rules which is hard to exploit as in there is no way of trying to read inbetween the lines.

Your example picture is a good way to try and con others into seing it differently.  My picture shows it from above and shows the real position of you both

Pictures doesn't sell justice. I saw the replay, nova is behind storm before turn, agreed. But storm there missed his line by locking his front tires thereby leaving enough gap to be overtaken. Also he was on a slower pace there.  

I don't want to judge the move he made, since it is based on user's perspective. I would see that as fun as he is in control and dint cause mess. 

Apart from that, regarding the entry position, its not a harsh move at all. Storm relatively has a slower pace than Nova. At the point of entry, in Nova's driver POV, I can clearly see there is a nice gap and Storm's front tyre skidding, storm wasn't able to close the door - which is a nice opportunity for an overtake. 

Entry point rule is clean, even I have known it and preferred to stick to it. But that doesn't mean I have to stick to it if the driver in front of me has a significantly lower pace. I cannot follow him at 115Km/h speed when my pace is 130Km/h just because entry point rule is there. And I'm sure that rule is not meant to be followed there too. 

I'm in 100% defense of Nova regarding the overtake at corner.

I am unsure what has happened in the past , but I would say this could easily have ended up in the gravel If storm had not locked a tire and ran wide it would have been contact. Its one of those if I knew the driver I might chance the dive but otherwise I would have lined him up for the exit.

If the dive worked all ok, if not would have been a kick if Nova had already been warned and it sounds like he had.

(08-29-2019, 05:32 PM)prasanths96 Wrote: Pictures doesn't sell justice. I saw the replay, nova is behind storm before turn, agreed. But storm there missed his line by locking his front tires thereby leaving enough gap to be overtaken. Also he was on a slower pace there.  

I don't want to judge the move he made, since it is based on user's perspective. I would see that as fun as he is in control and dint cause mess. 

Apart from that, regarding the entry position, its not a harsh move at all. Storm relatively has a slower pace than Nova. At the point of entry, in Nova's driver POV, I can clearly see there is a nice gap and Storm's front tyre skidding, storm wasn't able to close the door - which is a nice opportunity for an overtake. 

Entry point rule is clean, even I have known it and preferred to stick to it. But that doesn't mean I have to stick to it if the driver in front of me has a significantly lower pace. I cannot follow him at 115Km/h speed when my pace is 130Km/h just because entry point rule is there. And I'm sure that rule is not meant to be followed there too. 

I'm in 100% defense of Nova regarding the overtake at corner.

You will defend him obviously like you tried to get a rule changed which worked for 9+ years