Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should he shift+s

Can anyone add there thoughts on this video as i am having a debate with someone. This is not a debate about if player should be kicked or banned etc etc just is a debate weather on not the car as shown in the video should of hit the Shift+S or not. I will post video below and also my thoughts but please reply with your own thought and please do not mention anyones name in the video. Thank you

My thoughts on the shift+S rule. If you spin or crash you must shift+S. How ever if you spin or crash and there are no cars around and you can saftly join the track and not effect anyones race in anyway then you are fine to do so.

So i think the driver should of hit shift+S and pink car could of tried to avoid but shouldn't not of needed to as player should not be on the racing line at such low speed from a crash where he/she should of hit shift+S.

Looking forward to replies but again this is friendly debate so no insults or getting mad at peoples views :D

I would say spectating would have been better there, as it would have avoided the crash. However, there is always a trade off between spectating too easily and having a realistic race.

And because of that i think no shift+s and no crash would have been the best option here (easy to say afterwards tho). This could have been done by either of the drivers:
-The spun car could have moved over to the left right after the spin, because there was a decent gab to the car behind. This requires a track awareness as not to cut in front of other cars.
-The latter car could have taken the inside line after the chicane, now he straightens the wheel and drives like there are no cars ahead.

Ok sorry i didn't make it clear i am not asking what could of happend. My question is should the driver used shift+S?

again my thought are yes as he was way to slow to be on the racing line due to the spin/crash so he should of hit shift+s. Car behind should not need to alter his line due to someone not following the shift+S rule (in my view) But yes my queston is: Should the driver use shift+S?

I would say spectating would have been better there, as it would have avoided the crash.

In that instance yeah a spectate would be neccasary but with other incidents It would come down to your own discretion based on the circumstances,,every incident can be decided based on issues like being on the line or is their slight overhang of a car on the track and if anyone would of got to that point by time the car was back on the track, another possible issue is the tyres usually get hot when having skidded off and it could end up with a racer doing donughts instead of a straight line.
As with most rules there are times when its OK to allow exceptions based on the circumstances of that very moment, if it was a 10 or 20 lap race then its a different story, assess the situation then trust your intuition/instincts

EDIT - Had to write this twice as i had the browser crash when went to reply due to having quoted the post with video.

And most importantly never let anyone question you, be confident in what you know , as it resulted in a car being taken out of the race they should of specced to save anothers race being ruinned

(07-30-2019, 10:04 PM)Mrc_Bish Wrote: In that instance yeah a spectate would be neccasary but with other incidents It would come down to your own discretion based on the circumstances,,every incident can be decided based on issues like being on the line or is their slight overhang of a car on the track and if anyone would of got to that point by time the car was back on the track, another possible issue is the tyres usually get hot when having skidded off and it could end up with a racer doing donughts instead of a straight line.
As with most rules there are times when its OK to allow exceptions based on the circumstances of that very moment, if it was a 10 or 20 lap race then its a different story, assess the situation then trust your intuition/instincts

EDIT - Had to write this twice as i had the browser crash when went to reply due to having quoted the post with video.

And most importantly never let anyone question you, be confident in what you know , as it resulted in a car being taken out of the race they should of specced to save anothers race being ruinned

This is a test on Opera brower

Edit: Send me step by step how to make it crash lol

I went to record it happening with bandicam and could not get it to do it :D going to try again now, il try it while posting a video like the first time it happened

(07-31-2019, 12:58 AM)Mrc_Bish Wrote: I went to record it happening with bandicam and could not get it to do it :D going to try again now, il try it while posting a video like the first time it happened

I am late to the party on this one.

The driver in front had 2 options and ignored both he should either of spectated or left the racing line, bad decision bad driving.

My Opinion, Yes ofcoarse should have shift+S to avoid that situation=WRECK.

Also have 2 other options/opinions to notice. (Don't Hate Me)

1. Move to right side onto the grass (you just crashed, tires trash, race pretty much over. AT THAT MOMENT 0:12, car behind is not close yet and you are going like 2mph, why not?)
2. As you are straightening up 0:12 , racer maybe moved to left and off racing line. Pink car has entered the corner and in seconds contact is made.

Pink car has to also react (pink car is innocent, hear me out lol) to if the car that wrecked is moving right or left (off racing line) or shift+S, Do i lift....is car
that wrecked spectating is he not?

Viewing the video it's easy to say, YES the answer is yes. But thought I'd share my opinions.
If this was a 4 laps race, i have no problem shift+S (AS YOU SHOULD), 10-20 lap ETC then think about what i mentioned about the options.

Rules are Rules and I Fully Agree with Bish and Gemi, just wanted to vent :)

(07-29-2019, 03:49 PM)gemini 95 Wrote: I would say spectating would have been better there, as it would have avoided the crash. However, there is always a trade off between spectating too easily and having a realistic race.

And because of that i think no shift+s and no crash would have been the best option here (easy to say afterwards tho). This could have been done by either of the drivers:
-The spun car could have moved over to the left right after the spin, because there was a decent gab to the car behind. This requires a track awareness as not to cut in front of other cars.
-The latter car could have taken the inside line after the chicane, now he straightens the wheel and drives like there are no cars ahead.

In formula racing it is either quite rare or if ever that you can return to a race after losing control, possibly due to the engine stalling which then cannot be started without being in the pit where they use  a starter like drill tool which slots in at the rear of the car which then cranks the engine, as soon as they start the engine they still cannot drive until given an all clear by engineers who monitor things like pressure for fuel and oil otherwise engine failure would happen quickly also be it in part most crashes result in extensive damage to the cars in real life Formula one cars are pretty fragile in relation to the speeds obtained apart from the cage/bucket that protects you,  it is very different if its btcc racing or normal cars racing